Wednesday, November 10, 2010

hullllllo!

Barry, RAWR. Love that fanny pack. Ladies, WATCH OUT. Alysia, I'm very jealous of your trails - I bet those are especially nice now that it has cooled down a bit!

Beej, as for cold weather, I think it's important to stay warm but not overdress. Like lysh, I try to cover my hands and head with a warm hat and gloves. Pants are obviously a good idea. Up top, I'd go for multiple lighter layers that you can easily take off and tie somewhere if you need to. Remember that wearing too much will cause you to sweat, and sweat soaking your layers will just chill you even more! Getting out and running is never easy during the winter, but you just have to focus on how warm and refreshed you will be when it's over :)

As for me, I ran my very first painless mile yesterday! My MRI looked pretty normal....I had some scar tissue on my cartilage and a potential nick in my meniscus, but nothing too serious. The orthopedic opted for a nice, painful shot of cortisone into my joint so that's about all I can do for now. I'm going to try and start running again, but my knee still bothers me, so I'll have to take it slow.

AHHHH so out of shape but soooooo ready to get back at it. Miss ya'll :( Group run over Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment